We are busy on camp getting ready for a fun filled 2016 season opening again on Friday 18th March. As we do every Winter we are improving our site, taking on board suggestions and generally trying to make your stay with us more enjoyable. Here is a list of changes you can expect to see this year.
1. All three of our Safari Tents will now have a wall between the two bedroom areas making things that bit more private and there will also be a door between the bedrooms and the lounge/kitchen areas which will make it easier for families when the kids are ready for bed but the adults want to stay up and play.
2. We have improved the decor in the communal bathrooms, tiles have been layed and we have painted the walls giving a much more warm and cosy feel.
3. We have invested in an improved solar power system and small wind turbines in the hope that this will improve our solar power on duller and darker days.
4. Our two Geodomes will have a new up cycled pallet seating area much the same are our Unidomes have, just to add a little more luxury and comfort.
5. Our Woodland Hide Unidome will have a new improved flooring, giving more comfort.
6. Our BBQ Pod will have a prep bench outside making it a bit easier to chop all those veggies and prepare those salads.
7. A new more modern kitchen has been fitted in our communal kitchen, we have made it more open plan therefore creating more space and we have put gas cookers with oven space inside giving guests extra cooking options and facilities to make good old cuppa.
8. We are now offering packages for our guests so they an enjoy a more 1/2 board feel to their stay including continental breakfast, BBQ Hampers and use of our Eco Spa. .
As usual each year we dedicate two set weekends where Hen Parties are welcome to spend the weekend with us celebrating with their bride to be. We find this to be the best way of ensuring our camp site stays family friendly whilst also allowing Hen's the chance to come and join in some glamping hentastic fun! Our 2016 Hen Fest Weekends are April 22nd-24th and June 24th-26th. Spaces are already filling up fast so enquire now to avoid missing out.
We had our first naturist event last year and we had many requests for a second one on a weekend so this year we are ! The 13th-15th May is our Naturist Weekend where singles, couples and groups are welcome or those just wanting to try something new. We have different accommodation options available so give us a call on 01845 202100 to find out more.
Camp Katur's Movie Night Camp Out
Due to popular demand we are planning another Movie Camp Out on Saturday 11th June. Further tickets and details will be available soon.
Dubs In't Dales 2016
Our annual VW festival is back again this year on the weekend of 23rd - 25th September. For all VW fans this is a weekend not to be missed with our Dubs Drive in the Dales, The Show and Shine, live music, food, family games, wellness area and much more. Tickets are available to buy online now athttp://www.dubsintdales.co.uk/ There are different ticket option available see the website for details.
Other Events on the Estate
Camp Hill are having their annual Sausage and Beer Festival which this year will take place on 23rd of July. Glamping accommodation for that weekend is filling up fast so if you want to stay with us that weekend I would advise booking soon to advise disappointment.
On 20th July we have the Handlebards company coming to the estate to perform their shakespeare plays. These 4 men tour the UK on their bikes performing their plays for audiences all over, you can view them in action here,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeGV4NBz43Y .
The Camp Hill 10K will be back this year on the 23rd October so all you fitness fanatics who love running in muddy puddles and amongst obstacles should get yourselves signed up for this one , it is truly a fun charity adventure run not to be missed.
Tour De Yorkshire
This years Tour De Yorkshire is taking place from 29th April to the 1st May. Stage 3 of the event on Sunday 1st May see the cyclists tackling the infamous Sutton Bank in our neighboring town of Thirsk and the North Yorkshire Moore's before heading into Scarborough for a thrilling finale.
Swaledale Festival runs from 28th May -11th June. This award winning festival is an annual celebration of music and arts in the beautiful landscape of the northernmost Yorkshire Dales, Swaledale, Wendsleydale and Arkengarthdale. Venues are mostly churches, chapels, village halls and heritage sites and attracts artists from all over the world.
The Dales Festival of Food and Drink
This food and drink festival takes place on 18th and 19th June in the market square of Layburn. It is free for visitors this year to visit the food hall and sample one of 30 real ales selected from local breweries. There is also cookery demonstrations and farming and country crafts.
A must for fans of live music this event will take place on Friday 29th July and Saturday 30th July. Tickets will go on sale soon and can be purchased from http://www.richmondlive.org/.
As you can see there is lots going on both on the Estate and in the local area this year, our weekends for 2016 are starting to get booked up fast so if you fancy a relaxing or adventurous weekend away with us then don't leave it too late!